Hon. Joseph Omuya Salami was appointed by His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Kogi State as an Administrator of Adavi LG on the 19th March 2018, and was widely celebrated by the good people of Adavi because of his antecedents.
As one of the major reasons he was appointed, Hon. Joseph Omuya swiftly developed a political template that gave strength to the ruling party, which marked the beginning of a new dawn in Adavi LG that made the progressive party wax stronger and more united.
He ruled for two years before being reappointed as SSA on Security Matters (Adavi LG) to the Executive Governor of Kogi State.
With the support of his Excellency, Alh. Yahaya Adoza Bello, below are the major achievements of Hon. Joseph Omuya Salami;
– Hon. Joseph Omuya dug two (2) motorized boreholes at New Zango cattle market and Ogaminana Central Market. He has commenced the building of public toilet within the vicinity of the market area.
– Construction of perennial fence at the same Zango Market as a result of the inferno that engulfs the cattle market.
– He donated two transformers to Zariagi and Nagazi-Uvete Communities
He paid over 1500 students WAEC and NECO fees for the children of the less-privileged for two years consecutively and as well offered scholarships to about 20 students studying in tertiary institutions.
– Hon. Joseph Omuya Salami has empowered more than 100 Youths and Women with Cash to establish small and medium scale businesses to encourage self-reliance, including those that participated in skills acquisition in various Artisans.
-Through Benjamin Eye Care Foundation, Hon. Joseph Omuya has treated and provided medicated eyeglasses for hundreds of patients battling with sight illness, mostly the elders for free.
-Through the office of the chairperson, Mrs. Esther Joseph, he donated clothes and cash to some selected Women across the eleven wards of Adavi.
– Construction and opening of new cemetery at Adavi-Eba. He went further to rehabilitate the access road that leads to kuroko cemetery in Adavi LGA.
– Hon. Joseph Omuya distributed Fertilizers to farmers in Adavi LG.
– He distributed vehicles to about 10 people, and several others received hundreds of motorcycles to ease mobility.
– During Sallah festivity, he distributes Rice and Rams to Muslim faithful in Adavi LGA.
– Hon. Joseph has successfully encouraged football and other sporting activities in Adavi.
He built a football club from amateur stage to national level (Kogi Pillars), where three team players of Kogi Pillars have been selected to travel out to Ethiopia to pursue their dreams and make Kogi State and the entire nation proud.
The arrangement of the selected players to Ethiopia is ongoing, & it’s fully funded by Hon. Joseph Omuya Salami.
Hon. Joseph has recorded remarkable performances in securing the zones that were once porous and prone to attack, this triumph is undisputably agreed with as he received several awards from organizations, institutional bodies, and concerned citizen(s).
Hon Joseph’s Political Achievements is what brought him to the limelight and served as a yardstick for his eligibility to run for executive Chairman of Adavi LG today.
Recalls that, Adavi Local Government has unarguably remain an opposition party LG, but with the advent of Hon. Joseph’s tactics and succinctly political chess play, he was able to, through collective ideas, won all the elected seats ranging from Presidency, National Assembly elections, State House of Assembly, and gubernatorial election for the ruling All Progressives Congress.
He is determined to do more for the good people of Adavi LG when he assumes office as the Executive Chairman of Adavi LG.